Sunday, June 28, 2009

Today's Flowers

I am learning about the wild flowers found in the area. This is meadow salsify, which looks a lot like goatsbeard, but does not have the enlarged stem behind the flower.

And daisies are one of the flowers that everyone knows.

How about sweet clover? Very different from the spherical flower heads of the red or white clover.

This is birdsfoot trefoil. There is a lot of it growing in the lawns in the parks, now that the city is not spraying so much.

And vipers bugloss grows in the waste ground, before much else can get a toehold there.

2 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

What a treat to see the flowers - I've given up on grass and love my clover.

Unknown said...

The vipers are so lovely, so unique.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.