Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Results of My Mid-Term Exams

Thank you for all the well wishing!!
I got the results of all my exams this morning.
I got 86% in both the theory of radiology, and the theory of everything else.
I got 98% on the x-rays I took of the manikins' teeth. Sometimes it is hard to get the film in the correct place, after all the varnish that is put into the mouths, to protect them from the students.
But I only got 14 out of 20 in the instrument identification, mostly because, out of the 6 burs (drill bits), I only got one right.
So guess what I am going to have to spend more time on, in the next couple of months...
I am taking this course to become a dental assistant. Not the hygienist who cleans your teeth, but the person who assists the dentist while he or she is working in your mouth.
I will be done, the end of March...

7 comments:

JC said...

Way to go !!!

NatureFootstep said...

Well done so far. :) Keep up the good work.

Buttons Thoughts said...

YEAH I knew you would do well. I would be honoured for you to assist in fixing my teeth:) Congratulations Hug B

Debbie said...

WoW....that's awesome!! You should be super proud of yourself, with pats on both sides of your back!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you! Thanks for letting peeps know. Always curious!

Anonymous said...

That is excellent! I don't think I could work with people's mouths. Just knowing or not knowing where their mouth has been. haha!
I was in the nursing program at Ivy Tech when I was younger, and I tried to take Anatomy around 3 different times, but could not pass it. I had to drop it before I failed. I was upset. But being a single mom, and I worked part time, it was very hard to study for that class. I ended up changing and just getting my associates degree. I am now a 911 dispatcher and I love my job. Nursing would've given me more money, but hey all I can say is that I tried. But I'm very happy for you. Keep it up! :)

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said...

I am impressed with your hard work. Good for you for training for such an important position. The knowledge you gain will help you all your life, as you will never have to accept substandard dental care. You will know the difference!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.