Friday, July 26, 2013

Home Again, and All Is Well

Thank you for all your kind words and prayers.
Mom was sent home last Friday. She is sleeping and eating better at home than she was in the hospital.
She had a cracked rib, and her pelvis was cracked in 5 places. And a sprained ankle that healed on its own, since she was already taking a lot of painkillers.
Mom is alone in the house now, but has care workers coming in every day for several weeks, and my sister will join her for lunch each day.
She is using a walker to get around (I am soooo glad that the bedroom is on the main floor), the kind with a seat on it. She is using the seat to carry stuff, rather than to sit on.
Wednesday, while I made dinner, she watered all the house plants.
And now I am going to have ice cream for dinner and veg in front of the tube.
I promise new photos tomorrow!!

4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I am so sorry about your Mom but it sounds like she is on the road to recovery. Sending prayers and healing thoughts her way.

Clytie said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing so well. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers - and will continue to be so.

Love and Peace to you.

Debbie said...

There's no place like home!! Ice cream sounds perfect for dinner!!

NatureFootstep said...

I´m happy that all is well with all of you. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.