Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Walk in the Snow

It was sunny and mild, only a little below freezing, so we took a long walk. Jake and I admired the cattails in the snow (okay, he was waiting for me to move on).
Here, he shows how deep the path has been trodden into the snow,
and here I show how far you sink if you step off the path. That place was not quite knee deep.
There were some mouse tracks (I think they are mouse),
and I always love the shadows of the snow.
Annie loves the snow, even if she does gain 5 pounds when it is this mild. And we were home before dark!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

i might have to wear boots for that much snow!!

wonderful entry, i really enjoyed it!!

Great Grandma Lin said...

look fun and cold-especially the blue shadows!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is the best kind of weather for a winter walk. So lovely!

Unknown said...

Great pictures - specialy the one of Annie. I have 4 dogs and they adore to run on snow and play :)

EG CameraGirl said...

AH! A slice of winter in all its glory. :)

NatureFootstep said...

what happened to your shots? I can´t see half of them.

Jeannee said...

Especially love Annie in the snow!

Anonymous said...

The photo of Annie is the best!!!! Aoooo cute.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.