Monday, August 5, 2013

Update

Just to let you know what is going on in my world -
My Mom is doing a lot better. My sister took her out to get her hair done, then her newest great-grandbaby stopped in for lunch, and my bil took her for a drive.
Not all in the same day, but all in the same week.
She is alone in the house, but will be moving to a senior's residence next month, after they finish building it. She has care workers coming in often. She cracked her pelvis in 5 places, and a rib, in the accident last June.
 
And I am starting school tomorrow. (Today is a holiday in Canada.) I know I told you all about it last winter when the process was starting, but there have been delays, and more delays.
They still have not approved my funding, and I am having terrible anxiety attacks about it all.
But that will pass, right?
I am taking dental assisting, so I will be the person handing the dentist tools and wielding the vacuum next time you need a filling.
 
I don't remember if I told you about Jake's knee giving out on him, about the same time I had sciatica. I had to carry him home from a couple of walks before he quit using that leg. But I seem to be almost back to normal (a bit of a limp), and he is doing really well, putting most of his weight on that leg again, and going for walks under mile and a half again. He says he is ready to chase rabbits, but he is a whippet and born to chase.
 
So all is well in my world.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers over the months.

7 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

I hope everything works out fine. It usually do, in the end. :)

Deb said...

glad to hear your Mom is doing well...good luck with the start of school...all will work out....you will see...

Jenn Jilks said...

All the best. Good to hear about your mother.
Have fun with those tools!
Cheers from Cottage Country!

EG CameraGirl said...

Good news that your mom is a bit better and that she will be moving into a new facility soon. I hope you do well in your studies!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I am so far behind I am happy your Mom is doing well and when she can get in her retirement home it will be so much easier for her and your family. Take care. Hug B

Buttons Thoughts said...

I completely forgot to mention your schooling this is going to be wonderful for you you are going to do great no worries:) Hug B

Hallatar said...

<3

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.