Weeks ago, Deb challenged me to list five things
about myself that you do not know. I think she wants me to move out from behind the camera,
1. The biggest thing just now is the sciatica. It is getting better, but there were so many days when I just wanted to cry with the pain. I have been doing a lot of reading, and not so much moving.
2. Jake has health problems of his own that I am dealing with. He will be 13 this summer, but his hearing is going,
and now he is unable to use one back leg. The vet said there is arthritis, but it also feels like a torn ligament, and the way he is holding his foot, there may be nerve damage.
3. I got my first car when I was about 5. It was a black Studebaker.
My father drove me around the block in it, then parked it near the back fence. My sister and I would spend the spring and fall sitting on the roof, pretending we were hunters, shooting the buffalo (you know, the black and white ones that go to the barn to be milked twice a day), and sending our pretend dog to retrieve our kills.
4. My first kitten was named Timothy, and he was all black.
5. My sisters and I were all baptized the same day, my third birthday. I will try and find the photo celebrating the event.