Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home Again

Just to let you know that I am home again,
but very tired.
Last week was crazy -
Do you have...
Did you call...
Do you want...
I had a couple of days alone with my Mom,
and I would ask her what she wanted to do,
and she would say nothing,
so we would sit in the living room with our books.
I noticed she was not turning a lot of pages.
One day I came into the bedroom, and she had the bed covered with papers.
I asked if she was planning a new quilt, and she laughed.
No, she was looking for the papers the accountant was going to need.
I told her not to worry -
he should know by now that she would not be ready right away.
 
Mom is on her own in the house now, but there are people in Woodstock to check up on her regularly...
And I have dogs to walk, and a husband to feed...
 
Thank you again for all your prayers and your love!!!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you are home safe and sound

Meta said...

Skönt att allt verkar ha gått bra för er. vila nu när du är tillbaka hemma.
Ha en go dag
Kram Meta

JC said...

It's never easy.
I remember when my Dad past away and Mom was by herself.
She did fine.
We had people come in and help her with things .. yard and house.
I too didn't live real close.
So, I would talk to her a lot and pay people to do things for her.
She did fine on her own til she past ten year after he did.

XO,
JC

Jenn Jilks said...

It's never easy.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.