Monday, November 16, 2009

Lambs Ears and Mullein

A couple of people thought the mullein photos were lambs ears, so I have photographed the frost on the lambs ears. I had to scrape some of the frost off to be sure that it was frost.

Lambs ears flowers are purple, and come in the spring. Mullein flowers are yellow, and come in the summer.

And the growing central clumps are very different. Above is lambs ears, and below is mullein. Now that I look more closely, the mullein leaves have a different pattern of frost, as well.


4 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Great photos, I love seeing frost on leaves. The patterns are so interesting. I didn't know the difference in the two, thanks for the information.

Tracy said...

Magical, Judy... especially that second photo--very dreamy! :o)

George said...

The distinction between the plants is interesting, but the photos of the frost are beautiful.

Wynnie said...

I guess the patterns must be different because the fuzz on the leaves grows differently. Neat

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.