Friday, June 11, 2010

My Garden

I have been showing you all the gardens around town, and not my own.
These are the blossoms of the ladys mantle plant. I should get some of them cut and dried for the winter.

The sweet cecily is going to seed. I sometimes chop some of them into a salad.

The Solomon's seal started in the next yard, but is creeping into mine. I don't see a reason to complain. Neither does Jake - this means the facilities are closer to the back door.

I have no idea what the names of my peonies are - I simply enjoy them, especially with the early morning light streaming through the petals.

I will pull out most of the daisies after they have finished blooming.

Last year, there was some confusion between mullein and lambs ears, so this year, when I found a mullein plant growing right beside the lambs ears, I took photos of the two of them, for comparison.

The lambs ears are blooming. I love the soft hairs!

The chamomile is just starting to blossom.

And these are the first borage blossoms. I bought the seeds once, and now they come up all through the garden. I leave a lot of them to grow, because I love the flowers in salad. Nothing else can add that shade of blue to a salad. The young leaves, when chopped up, taste a bit like cucumber, too.

3 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh it all looks so pretty. Very very lovely.

joo said...

What a lovely garden you have Judy!

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE your garden. I wonder if I'll have any borage blossoms this year. I sure hope so!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.