Monday, January 25, 2010

Tracks in the Snow

Early morning, and the tracks of a large bird, possibly a pheasant. I like to think there are pheasants around here. And the rare tracks of the dreaded purple loosestrife!

These tracks were made by a predator, judging by the distance I could follow them, circling, and checking every large clump of grass.

The leash gives you an idea of the size of the prints.

And on the way home, both leashes were attached to dogs, so I used a glove to show scale. There were crows on the other side of the ditch, not too far from these.

5 comments:

Deb said...

great track photos..

SquirrelQueen said...

Great photos of the tracks. We have pheasants here and once in awhile I see their tracks. Could the predator be a coyote perhaps?

Carletta said...

Maybe some morning you'll find the predator opposite your camera lens. :)
Again, such glistening snow. I'm starting to hope we actually get some this week.

Tracy said...

These are wonderful, Judy... Tracks in the snow, even when identifiable, always have an air of mystery about them. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Clytie said...

Tracks in the snow really do seem mysterious. Wondering about what made them ... where they lead ...

Beautiful snowy pictures, too. I love the sun sparklies!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.