Sunday, October 27, 2013

I'm Home Again!

Just to let you all know that I am back home, with all my textbooks. You knew that I could spend time visiting my Mom, but I had to spend time study, as well...
Mom seems to be settling in well. There are 128 residents, with a couple more being added every week, as a new room or two become available. Mom is on the ground floor of a four story addition. And the new dining room will be opened next month, so she has to decide which she will use - the one that gets her out for four walks a day (to and from lunch and dinner), or the one that is only an elevator ride away (but will she be disciplined enough to go for a walk each day...).
The view out the windows is a cemetery, but that just means the neighbours are quiet. The trees are all covered with golden leaves, and the ground as well.
This is the first place she has been able to make all the decisions about decorating, and I think she is enjoying it...
Good to be back, and photos will come...

5 comments:

JC said...

You made me laugh ... it just means the neighbors are quiet. I knew I liked you ...

XO,
JC

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope your mom continues to settle well there. How nice she can make decisions abut the decorating!

Jenn Jilks said...

Welcome back. Tough, isn't it? Nothing more difficult than being an adult child caregiver!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Judy I am so happy your Mom is fitting in I understand this one as you know. Welcome back home. Hug B

Hallatar said...

<3

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a 50 something female set loose on the world with a camera.